Mobile Tower Cranes
Bryn Thomas Cranes operate from strategically placed locations to offer our self-erecting mobile tower crane hire and lifting services throughout the UK.
A self-erecting mobile tower crane is a unique design and has all the features of a mobile telescopic crane and those of a conventional static tower crane, combined into one machine.
The result is a revolutionary folding mobile tower crane. In many areas where a telescopic crane is used, our range of mobile tower cranes has distinct advantages, having greater mobility, flexibility and giving greater reach and versatility.
The range of mobile tower cranes we operate can lift up to 10 tonnes and have a maximum working radius of 60 metres. These revolutionary machines are ready to work in just 30 minutes – this specialised crane is ideal for city working where space is often a controlling factor in crane selection. Mobile tower cranes far outperform standard telescopic cranes, providing a more practical, quicker and more cost effective solution as well as offering a multitude of other benefits to a lifting operation.
Mobile Tower Crane Hire
- Faster set up time – fully utilised in 30 minutes
- Can be set up in narrow roads
- Reaches places other cranes cannot
- No standoff distance
- Greater safety – the operator can always see the load
- Able to fit on smaller areas on site for given capacity
- Very quick, efficient and productive working compared to a mobile crane.
- Compact for their lifting capacity
- Lower outrigger loadings for given capacity
- Floodlights and quiet operation for night working
- Do not get jib bound.
- Lift up to 10 tonnes
- Fantastic reach over buildings – 1.7 tonnes at 60 metres with a tower height of 37.2m and a maximum hook height, when luffed at 30 degrees, of 65 metres
- 360 degree optimum overview for lifting operations
- Can be used remotely if required
- Ideal crane for new build factories, city buildings, sheeting & cladding, houses, trusses etc.
Mobile Tower Cranes FAQ’s
Mobile tower cranes are well known for their rapid setup times – taking approximately 20 minutes to assemble.
A conventional static tower crane can take significantly longer to erect, mostly as a result of its size. However, our mobile tower cranes combine the strengths of these cranes with mobile telescopic cranes, providing a practical alternative for projects in the city centre.
Mobile tower cranes are extremely compact, which means they can be easily relocated around the worksite, no matter how big or small it may be.
For more information about hiring a mobile tower crane and operating it efficiently, give Bryn Thomas Cranes a call on 01352 733 984
Of course! Here at Bryn Thomas Cranes, we take health and safety very seriously and can assure you that every one of our mobile tower cranes is properly maintained, tested, and certified.
Though not something you can expect from all types of cranes, mobile tower cranes have a variable raised cab height that provides better visibility for the operator. This enables them to focus on lifting and moving the load safely without any obstructions.
In addition to this, the cab is air-conditioned – allowing the operator to comfortably control the crane whilst reducing the risk of fatigue. This way, you can relax knowing that the job gets done without skimping on quality or safety.
At Bryn Thomas Cranes, we provide mobile tower cranes on a CPA hire or contract lift basis. If you’ve never hired a crane before, and you don’t have the qualified personnel to oversee the lift, we recommend opting for a contract lift. With this option, we’ll take care of every aspect – leaving absolutely nothing to chance. Feel free to get in touch to find out more about the safety of our mobile tower cranes.